the great adventure

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

defying gravity...on my own

Lately I've been trying confidence. It has landed me 3 trainwrecks. Everyone always says, Be confident! Guys love that!
Well, they don't.

I think rather than being confident, I'm going to try independance. Independance = not being dependant. This country that I love SO much tried it 230 years ago, so this one marks my independance.

I know that I dont need a guy to be whole, to be happy, or to be complete. It sure makes being alive more fun, but I can be all those things with my family, friends, and God.

A few days ago I went out to ice cream with my friend Beth. Laughing with her felt good. In fact, it felt great. Tonight I went out to ice cream and a movie with my friend Megan. Laughing with her felt great as well. I haven't lost my friends. I haven't lost anything except 20 pounds.

I know my Redeemer lives, I spoke with Him this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home